Sunday, June 9, 2013

Why not be wronged? WHAT?!?!



Now here's where one of my deep loves with God is anchored-- that His Word runs counter to everything that the world claims to be right.

Example, worldly advice would say if someone hurts you, then hurt them back, plus interest. Or maybe you have heard people say, "I'm nice until you piss me off" this is another type of worldly attitude where people live their lives with a constant shallow threat so that others won't wrong them. And by the way, it never works--I've tried it! Ha ha ha!

No matter how many threats someone makes, or how many times they say "Don't mess with me" it ALWAYS fails. Those people will be hurt again, they will be wronged again and it's all regardless of the "tough" facade that are hoping to put on.

But can you blame us? Who WANTS to be wronged, defrauded and hurt? Nobody I know!

But here's where God's wisdom gives us the simple and BEST way out of the insanity of trying to be the scariest, baddest, toughest person to ever live.

We find it in Paul's first letter to the Corinthians, chapter 6:

"...Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded?"

When I read this,  I was so stunned that I had to re-read it. Ha ha ha. So foreign to my thoughts, yet familiar to my heart, like a long lost relative. I knew it immediately to be true. Some people say "it rang true in my heart." And this did. And does.

Did you know that there are 613 commandments in the Torah, the first five books of the Bible? And yet, Jesus gave us yet one more.

In John 13:34, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." 

Even if someone does something hurtful, wrong or terrible to you, we need to pray for them, and not hate them. We need to ask God to bless them in their life, as we don't know what all they have endured which has lead them to behave has they are.

Now I believe that people who have done crimes and terrible acts against others should be taken off of the streets so that they won't continue do to those things. And there is always the situation where a person needs to get physically away from someone who is harming them. 

But the reminder I am hoping to give you and me included, is that we don't have to live all tensed and braced for impact with little shifting eyes trying to see who might be coming for us! Ha ha ha! God says we can live free of that fear. If someone wrongs you, leave it to God to restore if He sees that you need it restored. If God can hold the world to together with His Word, then certainly he can restore you after you have had a loss of any kind. 

Go and live boldly. Free from the fears of being taken advantage of, hurt or wronged. And remember that nothing in your life comes to your life without the express approval of God. As Dr. Stanley once put it, "view everything as coming from God." All working to bring out a consistent and saintly spirit within us.

Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.


God bless your socks off friend!

Huge love,

Tiffany

12 comments:

  1. I like this article. I think you meant "Free from the fears" in the second to last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article and thoughts Tiffany :) Lovely that you are writing again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! So happy you posted!!! ( ◠‿◠ )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tiffany, I am so happy happy happy that you are back! Thank you for such a wise post and wonderful photo - you look gorgeous, as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant post :) so glad you posted x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Sister, I'm so glad you're back in blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, you all are so kind to me. I thank God that He blessed me with you all, He alone gets all the praise for any good that might come from me! Huge love to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiffany, I thank you so much for writing this. God spoke to me through your blog and really opened my eyes to somethings. This is really what I need and reminds me that when I am wronged, God will have His revenge. I should continue to give my best unconditional love and pray for that person regardless. Thank you so much, I support you and encourage all your posts on here as well as your videos. I'm sending love to you and may God cover you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray you're back, missed your blogs so much... God Bless YOUR socks off! Thanks for blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiffany, I am so glad that you are back !!! We missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've missed you on here and am glad you are back!!! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. missed you and your posts!! so happy you are back :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis