(Kandee and I when we are about 13 and 15)
So off I went, praying for my future husband whenever I remembered to do it. I prayed for God to keep him safe, for God to guide him in his life.
Here's a few examples of areas you might want to cover in prayer:
- Pray for is heart to be toward God
- For his family, that they would be good parents and love him well
- For God to guide his steps
- For him to wait to have sex until you are married
- For blessing over him and God's will to be done in his life
- For Favor with God and then others
- For wisdom from God
- For him to love you as Christ loves the church (us- willing to die for us so that we may live)
- For him to love God first, you second and then everything else
- For him not to fall into addiction of drugs, alcohol and pornography
- For him to be intelligent, smart to navigate life well
- For his health, financial prosperity, spiritual growth etc.
Are you wondering how my prayers turned out? Well, I'll tell you! Ha ha ha, even if you're not wondering!
My faceless, nameless shadow of who I would marry--who received all of my prayers...Byron Myers. How delighted I was to hear of how different his life had been from most of the boys I grew up with. He didn't do drugs, drink or any of the other trouble starting habits that most guys I knew had. He had wisdom beyond his 23 years (that's how old he was when we met) and heart that had been prepared by God.
I know that the few desires I mentioned to God over the years had been answered, I had flesh and blood proof, and he was adorable. Still is. Ha ha ha! He is really my very own miracle, because as I dated through my teen years and into college--through breakups and heartache, I thought he might not even exist. But here he is, and right now he is playing with our precious little girls.
(Byron helping Audrey walk at Disneyland last week, with Sydney leading the way!)
See? It will all be okay. Don't be anxious and worry. God tells us this.
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Pray for your future spouse EVERY time you start to get anxious. AND remember...
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
Your job is to keep God first in your life, above all else. And to NOT worry about your life. God is at work on your behalf. Think about that for a minute, the God who formed the foundations of the earth, who holds the world together with His Word, is working all things out for the GOOD of those who love Him. Now take a deep breath, it's all being handled, by God Himself. Wow.
Huge hugs and may God bless you and your future spouse--or if you already married, my He bless your marriage richly!